What the Green Girls do
With the Green Girls in Africa’s huge combined experience in the African tourism industry and a deep understanding of responsible tourism (read more about the Green Girls HERE), we truly believe that eco-tourism is an important mechanism for capacity building, job creation, and upliftment of previously disadvantaged communities, while at the same time establishing a sustainable economic platform to among others support environmental conservation.
We are passionate to share this knowledge and our skills with like-minded people in the tourism industry. Together, we can actively take part in progressing South Africa’s tourism towards a more sustainable and equitable industry.
Consulting Services – What We can do for You
As Forest Gump’s momma used to say: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
We decided to offer you a box of chocolates in the form of responsible tourism services pick ‘n mix – a multitude of ways in which we can help you to develop your tourism product more sustainably and market it effectively in new ways and to new markets, when and where you need it.
Our services are available as stand-alone assignments, or in combination, and can be fully tailor-made into a package to manage a particular challenge. We want to make our services as flexible as possible for your business, so that we can offer you a long-term and sustainable solution.
Some of the chocolate flavours include:
- Sustainability scans – evaluating business sustainability practices & needs
- Implementation of more sustainable business practices and working towards certification, such as Fair Trade Tourism
- Sustainable tourism training (Fair Trade Tourism endorsed)
- Tourism policy & strategy development
Tourism Brand & Product Marketing
- Tourism product marketing
- Social media management – Growing Your Brand’s Online Influence
- Travel writing
- Media management
Community and CSR Projects
- Social and community project development & management
- Community needs analysis
- Community to donor relationship building and communication facilitation
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) guidance & planning